Experimenting with different gluten-free recipes, decided to try this variation of a chicken sandwich. What makes it so special? It is all in the savory-herby green goddess mayonnaise (see below). I used gf white bread from Aldi. (The best gf bread my son, Jay, has liked so far in his quest for the best tasting gf bread out there.) Butter and toast the bread and slather with the green goddess mayonnaise. The rest of the ingredients to assemble the sandwich are: roasted chicken breast, ball fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced cucumber, butter lettuce and broccoli slaw (or you could use sprouts). You can also make this sandwich dairy-free if you skip the cheese.
GREEN GODDESS MAYONNAISE:
- 1/2 cup gf mayonnaise (I used Hampton Creek Just Mayo brand)
- 1 teaspoon of anchovy paste (don’t freak out at the mention of the word ‘anchovy’ like I did…the paste smells just like an open can of tuna)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs (any combo of chives, dill, parsley, or basil…I used basil.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
(Keeps in an airtight container for 2 days)